Welcome to the relaunch of the blog!
I've put this off a long time but I think the time is right to start again. With the new Five Pines Designs Facebook page I'm finding I need a way to give a few more details about how to create some of these wonderful Mosaic Moments projects than just posting a few pictures and hope everyone "gets it".
Today I'm going to give a few quick tips for creating an Advent Calendar for Christmas a bit different than you may have used before! I will be using the Mosaic Moments Nested Pocket Dies, the Basic Nested Dies and the number set from Alphabet 4 Die Set. All of these products can be purchased at Snapncrop through my affiliate link.
Ten Quick Steps
1.Let's begin with the middle size of the Nested Pocket Dies and cut out 25 in your choice of cardstock, I chose black because I wanted something neutral for the various colors of patterned papers I will be using. Plus this year the on-trend color combination is black, white and red!
2. Then I selected the 4.375" x 3.25" die from Mosaic Moments Set C for the backing, cutting 25 from black cardstock.
3. Then I cut each of these backings with We R Memory Keepers Tag Board for tabs right, center and left. After assembling them all, I decided this was an unnecessary step, but that's up to you how you'd like to make it. Next time I'd leave it solid with no tabs.
4. Now if you want to add a thumb notch this is the time to do it. I didn't because I planned on adding an insert into the pocket that would be higher than the front edge of the pocket.
5. Score the pocket's marked sides, a bone folder will get a nice crisp edge.
6. Use a strong adhesive like Scor-Tape on the three side flaps of the pocket. Putting cards in and out of the pocket requires a good seal to hold up to the use.
7. Now the fun part. Pull a variety of patterned Christmas papers together and cut 25-3x3" squares to place on the front of the pockets. This is a great way to use up scraps or to coordinate a particular color theme.
8. Prepare 25-1" circles to add the numbers to in whatever color combo you want.
9. Now you will want to work on cutting out your numbers or maybe use stickers or even a hand-drawn fancy script number. Attach the numbers. The numbers can be attached directly to the pocket top or to tags inside the pocket.
You may even want to add a little bit of glimmer with
a Wink of Stella clear gimmer.
10. The final step is to create the tags for each pocket. These don't have to be fancy, and it will depend on what you plan to write on each tag, will it be an activity and project to do or a devotional text for family worship time? They can be layered or not. On white cardstock or black and use a gel pen to write on. Finish them any way that suits your family the best!
I'm storing these for now in a small photo box I picked up at Hobby Lobby, but watch the Mosaic Moments Blog in December and I'll show you the box I worked on showing off several MM dies that also makes a perfect spot for these pockets and a few treats too!
Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you'll come back soon!