Thursday, September 15, 2011

Imaginisce Snag'em Stamps

While perusing a few of my favorite blogs a post on the Imaginisce blog asking to name your favorite Snag'em Stamps began this latest burst of creative juices. I pulled my dinosaur from the Dino-roar collection and a few of the papers from their "Let's Pretend" Collection. I had an idea and I was determined to get it to work...but thee just was something not working....so laid it aside for another day.

Today I had several things to accomplish and an errand that took me into the city, dangerously close to several craft stores...and I was alone...no one to hurry me home or tallk me out of a purchase. I also had coupons...a dangerous combination. I was looking for a specific stamp, but it had sold out...however a lovely display of fall themed papers caught my eye and I was hooked. The products were from Imaginisce...and they were so  colorful. The back to school papers were bold and just funky enough to fit my youngest son and a layout dedicated to the new school year. The other collection had leaves and apples and a matching Snag'em Stamp of an apple. I knew exactly what I wanted to try.

 A little more searching and I came across a patterned paper that I thought would solve the problems with the dinosaur card. After a bit of work...I have two new cards to share. One makes a good birthday card for a boy...


  • On lime cardstock mounting Stars from Imaginisce's Let's Pretend collection.
  • Dinosaurs from the Snag'em Stamp Dino-roar collection stamped directly on three pattern papers from the same collection and then trimmed and mounted on black cardstock. I then trimmed around the topside of each dinosaur, leaving the base a straight line.
  • The found paper on top is the "Multi Colored Bday Words" from the Paper Studio. The colors worked so well with the stars I thought it was worth a try. The birthday sentiment was there and blended with the rest of the card.

and the other good as an encouragement to anyone who invests themselves in the lives of others.



 Detailed view of apple.
I stamped the apple directly on the red cursive cardstock (003450) and leaves on the green side of the apple cardstock (003338) I also stamped the apple on milkweed cardstock and trimmed the center carefully out to layer on top, and using the remaining apple ring to attach to the bottom of the red apple to give it a little depth adding a pop-dot to added depth. I then covered the red of the apple and green leaf with 3D Crysatl Laquer (Sakura) to make it shiny to match the finish of the apples on the paper. And yes, those are real apple seeds, I just sliced them in half so they wouldn't be too bulky. The sentiment was formatted in Print Shop and printed on milkweed cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by...

andrea
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...