Tuesday, May 15, 2012

DeNami Design May Sketch Challenge #12

I've been a bit out of the card challenges in recent months. I've been putting a lot of time into my new role for 2012 as a member of the Mosaic Moments Design Team. I have had two scrapbook challenges a month keeping me busy! If you are not familiar with the Mosaic Moments grid system for scrapbooking be sure to check my scrapbook gallery for a peek of what I've been doing or visit Journella to see what the whole team has been up to.


However, this card is my offering for the May DeNami Sketch Challenge #12.




I've started with a pale sage green cardstock base. Then cut and punched white cardstock with an EK Success Border Punch.  A small lavendar rectangle mounted with foam mounting tape with an accent of Doodlebug Cotton Candy Twine tied on the leftside. Circles are cut with Spellbinders Circles in shades of lavendar and pink, all from Colorbok Spring Pastels Collection of cardstock. Versa Magic chalk inks in Pink Petunia, Spring Pansy and Purple Hydrangea were used to stamp the hearts and sentiments. Two sets of Petit Fours from DeNami Design  are featured: PF 42 Love Sentiments Stamp Set and  PF43 Hearts Stamp Set.

I liked the fresh spring look of the white on the green, and I've had pastels on my mind as I get ready for the Pastels Blog Hop this Sunday...so be sure to stop back and see all the pretty pastels everyone will be sharing...



DeNami May Blog Hop
 
Thanks for stopping by...

andrea




4 comments:

  1. This is simply lovely!! Your fussy cut hearts are adorable in the circles and the punched edge gives it all such a soft look...great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty card. You can't go wrong with all of those pretty stamped hearts! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a SUPER SWEET take on this sketch!!! I LOVE the layered hearts/circles and that border punch too!!! Thanks for playing along with the DeNami Design Challenge!!! And CONGRATS on your Mosaic Moments DT gig!! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, this is darling! Those pastels are just so pretty, and aren't those hearts super? I love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with this month's DeNami challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Edifying Words...