Monday, October 29, 2012

Bazzill Card Swap

 
I have stepped out and tried another venue that is new to me...a card swap. This is my very first! I had been following posts on BazzillBasicsPaper's Facebook page and noticed the announcement for their card swaps. Interested in their Christmas swap, I marked the calendar for the start date, signed up and then scrambled to find someone who carried the papers! Selecting a few online is a bit harder than in person, but for the most part once they arrived and I began to "fiddle around" with ideas I was happy with choices I had made.
 
This is the card I created: 
 


Products used on this card:
 
Bazzill patterned papers: from the  Believe Collection: Christmas Dress, Silent Night and Weathered Wood
Bazzill cardstocks: Ivy, Leapfrog and Butter Cream
Dew Drop Brilliance Pigment Ink: Galaxy Gold, Pearlescent Poppy
Dew Drop Versa Magic Chalk Ink: Spanish Olive
Rubber Stamp from Stampabilities: CR1104 Reason for the Season
Rhinestone Setter by Darice hot-fix embellishments 3mm Light Siam Glass Stone
Spellbinders Die: Venetian Motifs-flourish; Labels #28 and #18 
Ribbon: Offray 1/4" inch olive
Foam mounting tape
 
  • Beginning with an Ivy Cardstock base
  • then placing equal sections of Silent Night and Christmas Dress, slightly smaller than the base for a nice color border, then 1/4" olive ribbon covers the seam between the two.  
  • I used Label Twenty-Eight to cut and emboss the Weathered Wood and edged this in Pearlescent Poppy then placed it in the center of the card.
  • Label Eighteen cut from Butter Cream became the base for the stamped image from Stampabilities stamped in Pearlescent Poppy.
  • It was edged first with the Spanish Olive chalk, then lightly at the very edge with Galaxy Gold for a gilded look.
  • I would also repeat the gilding on the Leapfrog Venetian Flourishs. The Christmas Dress paper had an old time feel to me and  just wanted to play up that aspect, I think the gilding did just that.
  • I used foam mounting tape in the center only of the greeting section. This gave it some lift, but it also allowed me to gently wrap the flourished up on to the label adding dimension to the flourishes too.
  • Three Light Siam gems were added to the label and two to the flouishes.
a close up of the "gilding" of the swirls...
 
 
 
Can you see that the flourish swirls pull the sides of the label slightly down on the edges while it also lifts the flourishes up?
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today, hope you found the info you needed on the elements in this card from the Bazzill Card Swap and maybe we'll see you again, I'd love to have you drop by!
 
andrea 
 
Now being displayed with others in the swap online at BazzillBasicsPapers Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...