Saturday, October 8, 2011

A change of pace...

In 2005 a visit from my cousin and her husband began a family tradition. It was their first trip to the States from Scotland. It really was the first time that I had a chance to get to know her...and her husband.  Bill and Jess have been almost every year since then and we (Mum and I) often take a short trip to show them the US. This year they came in the spring instead of the fall and we took a trip to The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. In the end I took many photos and put together a scrapbook for Mum of the things we all did together. Thought I'd post a few of the pages.
I used Mosaic Moments papers for many of my layouts. I really looked forward to this format for some of the flower photos I'd taken. I love the color block look and the paper lends it's self to working so well with that style as well.




In addition to my photos this layout utilizes bookmarks and post cards I picked up in the National Park stores...my photos may not always turn out and they always have such fantastic shots on the cards. Sometimes with views you'll never get on your own! Always nice to mix them together. It only required a little adjusting by matting with cardstock to match the Mosaics Moments paper and fit into the space.




These flowers were from the garden at The Creation Museum in Northern Kentucky, one of our favorite day trip destinations. It is a fabulous Museum to visit and the gardens are wonderful...a perfect family trip.

Well, stop back tomorrow for the DeNami Design Fall Blog Hop...hop along for inspiration and take a chance for some prizes, too!

see you then...

...andrea








No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...