Friday, November 9, 2012

Doodlebug Baby Page


Good Intensions...all the things we intend to do if we have the time. Time has flown by quickly since this precious little one joined our family nine months ago. I should be working on a scrapbook for her, intending to keep up with it better than the ones I started for my own children...but at least I do have a start with this page. If I had time this would have been completed to be considered for a spot on the Doodlebug Design Team...but time only got to the plannning stages!
 
 
For this layout I used Bazzil cardstocks and Doodlebug Design Paper from the Sugar & Spice Collection and Dot/Grid Petite Prints cardstock.  Doodlebug Design Twines were also incorporated. EK Sucess scallop punch was used to edge the main photo frame. My Cricut got a workout with several fonts used in the name/title. (Jumbo, Jack Sprat, Doodletype, Tear Drop)
 
alphababies girl- double-sided cardstock
 


For the embellishments I went with a few items in the paper. I used a paper yoyo to dot the "i" in Isabella and...

the ladybug on the "L" has a folded layer to represnt wings.

 
A xylophone frame seemed a good way to incorporate an element from the paper and display three additional photos. Because I forgot to pick up white brads when I went out for them I decided to try out a tip I saw on Pinterest. I took plain brass brads one at a time and secured them in a pair of locking tweezers. I then took my heat gun for embossing and held the brad close to the heat source for about 50-60 seconds. Then immediately dip into white embossing powder. If it is hot enough it will immediately melt, it it remains in powder form hit it briefly with the heat again and it will glaze over. This is something I will do again to be able to color match any design for my cards or layouts. Foam mounting tape is used to raise the piece to give it more definition.
 



I had a lot of fun working on this layout and look forward to putting a few more pics into this album.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...drop by on Sunday for the Blog Hop



 
see you then....
 
andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...