Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Christmas in July

While browsing some of the sneak peaks from CHA and all the lovely papers and supplies for Christmas, I was inspired to post a 2011 Christmas Card Design. I'm usually busy with new card designs for Christmas but this year I'm busy working on several quilts. I'm really enjoying the change of creative energy working with fabrics...now just to see it through to completion!

The card I'm showing off today has an unusual color palette for Christmas, but the distinctive mid-east feel of the stamp seemed to really call for the warmer tones and copper accents. Copper cardstock lines the back of the scallop heart punch to give it another layer of of bling, and repeats the curves of the patterned paper.

Stamp by Inkadinkado
Paper by Imaginisce: Exotic East collection
Cardstock: Copper, orange peel, burnt orange, and marigold all from Hollos
Spellbinders Scallop Circle; EK Sucess scallop heart punch

1 comment:

Edifying Words...