Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's Christmas...one more time.

You see, I lied. Yes, in my last post I said I wasn't thinking about Christmas cards this year...but no sooner said and then...all I can think about is Christmas cards! So offering a two for one today to end the month. First up is an alternative to the last posted card.


When I first saw this stamp it took me back to my childhood, catching snowflakes. It was the style of the picture and the coat...it reminded me of a gray coat I had in grade school. My Dad had made sure it would last more than one winter by buying it too big! Even the hat with it's tassel was a trip down memory lane.

I have always envisioned the gray and red cardstock as the perfect frame. Adding a few punched snowflake "buttons" coated with crystal lacquer I think added to the retro feel, and a hand made tassel from DMC red floss slipped through a punched hole in the fold to top it off.

The second card for the final Christmas in July themed post is a new design from earlier this year.
The colors are a little more traditional and it has a few more flourishes, too!


The background embossing folder is from Sizzix: Snow Globe
the holly berries are coated with garnet glitter from Martha Stewart
red ribbon from Offray
Stamps: holly swag from Inkadinkado
and Merry Christmas from Stampendous
markers are Zig Writers in shades of green.

Well, those are my simple offerings for some holiday inspiration, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...