Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Celebrating the Resurrection

It's been a busy few weeks and before it's too late I thought I'd try to design a few card for Easter. It's been years since I've made and sent cards, but it hasn't stopped me from buying stamps and having good intentions to do it...this year...each year! This is the first I hope of many, but it may just be the first. period. We'll see how the coming days unfold. It is a good time, just like Christmas, to share my faith and the Good News of the Gospel...Each year the message seems to be further hidden behind bunnies and eggs and baskets of goodies. Quite a far call from the true meaning!

 
 
These are the items I used for this card.
The background stamp is "He Shall Be Called" from Our Daily Bread and the other "Resurrection Cross" from Stampabilities. The background stamp is in Adirondack Eggplant, and brushed areas with Color Box Plum Berry. A final spritz of Olive Vine Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist was applied around the edges of the card face. 
Layers of purple and green cardstock make up the base of the card.  
From Tim Holtz antique linen, vintage photo and walnut stain were used to enhance the cross that was stamped with Versa Fine onyx black.  
 
 
How are you preparing to Celebrate the Risen Saviour? 
 
 
Thanks so much for joining me today, it's nice to have you visit!
 
andrea
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...