Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pretty Pink Posh's 10 minute dash...and a half!


CD_13



Paulina over at Pretty Pink Posh has been challenging her design team and the general cardmaking public to attempt to make a card in the selected color scheme in 10 minutes or less. This is challenge #13! I never imagined I could do this as my card making processs takes a longer...a lot longer!! Nevertheless I was inspried by this color scheme and wanted to give it a go.  In fact here's the rules:

How to Play

  1. Create a card/craft project within 10 minutes featuring the color palette.
  2. Post the time it took to create.
  3. Be sure to include the challenge graphic in your post and link to the challenge.
  4. You may combine a total of three challenges with your entry. You may enter the challenge a maximum of two times.
  5. Subscribe to Pretty Pink Posh via Email

You can pull out your supplies before your timer starts!

* If you aren’t able to stay within the 10 minutes, you can still link up your item! While it won’t quality for the winner spot, it might still be featured in the favorites!
 
I had gathered all my supplies (or so I thought) ahead of time as allowed and got my timer ready. I soon found that the end to my new bamboo cord was well buried and took forever to find and unwind! Later I found I forgot the punch to make a hole for the cording AND no needle that might have helped a fraying cord get shoved through an inadequate hole! SO time kept ticking upward and I let it go. When I finished I saw the knot had been tied too long and hung wrong and I hadn't got the foam mounted line of trees aligned correctly. I made the corrections leaving the clock still ticking finishing at 15:33...the 10 minute dash...and a half! While this card will not qualify for any winner award, I'm still going to post it over at Pretty Pink Posh for fun, and incentive to try again and to improve my timing...a lot!
 
When I saw the earthy choice of colors I thought it would be great for a masculine card...and with Father's Day the next big guy card occasion I decided to use my DeNami Design Father's Day Stamp for the greeting. In addition I used a tag and tag stamp from the Tiny Tags stamps and dies at PAPERTRYink. Dew Drop Versa Magic Chalk Ink in Jumbo Java was used for both sentiments and the back layer of trees. The embossing folder is from Cuttlebug's Fabric Swatches set. 
 




my card
 


 
What I began with...

the official time...15:33....ugh!




 So, take a trip over to Paulina's blog and see all the cards for the 10 minute dash and maybe join in the fun?
Thanks for stopping by...
 
andrea











3 comments:

  1. Oh my, you were so ambitious with this card! That embossed background is super neat with that border punch and all of those fun layers! While it doesn't qualify for the winning spot, I'm SO glad you still linked up, Andrea!

    Thank you for taking the time to join me and my team in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Hope to see you for the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were inspired to create your card Andrea, lovely to see it in the gallery :)
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the 10 Minute Craft Dash! Hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pampered chef timer, LOL. I have one of those and totally forgot about it until I saw your photo!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash! No worries on the time :)

    ReplyDelete

Edifying Words...