Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Not Quite a Traditional Easter Card

Still working on my card therapy for the night and thought I'd depart from the usual spring colors or even the green and purple associated with the Resurrection theme, for another Easter card. I know this might be too bold of a color choice for the liking of some, but given the events of Good Friday, very appropriate I think. I have again gone with stamp sets from Our Daily Bread Stamps, first using Amazing Grace Hymn (for my background) and Cross of Christ set for the cross and verse from Hebrews 12:2a. I thought I'd get a bit visual for the message of Easter and the verse on the stamp. My color choices had much to do with this verse:
Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.
Isaiah 1:18

and the verse stamped on the card:
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, Who, for the joy set before Him endured the cross...Hebrews 12:2a.





I began with a card face cut to 3 7/8"x 5 1/8" using Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge Distress Ink to edge and frame the card surface. Then I took Candy Apple Red Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to spritz around spots on the card for a drippy red look. I heat set it to speed up the process. Returning to Rusty Hinge to stamp the Amazing Grace Hymn on top of the layered colors. From Spellbinders Labels Eighteen a white label, embossed and edged with Prismacolor Metallic Gold pen. The verse is then stamped with Tim Holtz Barn Door, next medium cross in Brilliance Galaxy Gold. Two Macarena Corners (Memory Box) in Core'dinations Pearl Gold to lay in behind the label. The face card is mounted on a white card base edged in Metallic Gold Prismacolor pen.


Thanks for stopping by for a look,

andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...