Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Just Add Wood!


Just a change of pace today. A recent wedding had me trying a little something different. I have finally jumped into the wood embellishment trend. Thought I'd show off two ways I've incorporated it into my card making and scrapbooking this week.

I used a cute pair of birds on a branch from Endless Creations and Spectrum Noir markers to add a bit of color. The birdcage is from Lara's Crafts. Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Walnut Stain and Tea Dye were used to edge the image piece and stamp the greeting. A ribbon from Darice Trims with the bird cages provided some color inspiration as it tops the cage.

Here's the latest up on Mosaic Moments


On this Masculine Scrapbook Page Idea, I have created Balsa wood tiles to fit our grid page and once again, found Tim Holtz Distress Inks perfect to lightly stain each a different color. More details and tutorials on the leather-like paper I created to use can be found on the Tips and Technique section.

 This week's featured products are the new Sage 12 x 12 Mosaic Moments Grid Paper and


the new color Trio of Paper Tiles in Confetti, Ultra Marine Blue and Green, now through Sunday!!

JUNE PAPER TILES TRIO  - Confetti, Ultra Marine, Green 
 
 
Be sure to stop by and check out all the great products at Mosaic Moments just use the link in the column on the top right.
 
Stop in on Sunday and Monday for the DeNami Design Bright Blossoms Blog Hop...there will be prizes!!! 
 
 
 
see you then!!
 
andrea

2 comments:

  1. I love this page!! The wood elements are so nice. I have some new wood paper ... going to try something similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy!! Nice to have you stop by can't wait to see what you do.

      Delete

Edifying Words...