Sunday, June 15, 2014

To the Man who put the Camera in My Hand

Long before my Dad was married and had a family, he was an adventurer. He spent his lifetime teaching us to love to travel, explore and enjoy the great outdoors. 
He passed away almost eleven years ago now, and in the end he really didn't know who I was, but a scrapbook album I put together (with some help from those who remembered things,) of his family and life before Canada/America was a place we connected. The power of photos and stories has been his legacy. I know people make fun of the slide shows that their friends would show, but I loved the slide shows Dad would run as they carried the narrative of my childhood.
 
It was on this trip that my love of photography was born and nurtured. My Dad put his Argus 35mm camera into my hands and taught me how to use it! This is just a small tribute in Memory of my Dad and all he taught me. It may have taken me half a century to be making something of the skills he once instilled, but I'm enjoying every minute of it!
 

 


Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's who stop and take the time to teach their children.
 
andrea 
 
digital kit is available at Pixels and Co. from Celeste Knight at Sweet Caroline Studio
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...