Monday, July 23, 2012

8x8 Inside-out Page

Today on Tami's Blog she share a quick page challenge to make with the 8"x8" grid sized papers That are now on sale through July 31st at www.snapncrop.com . The technique is embedding and she used two photos. One of her main subject, her lovely daughter Alexis, and the second a view of what Alexis was seeing. You also see this technique on the package cover of the 8"x8"s, a shot I have loved since I first saw it!



So, between loads of laundry, I grabbed a couple of shots from a trip we made to the Smokies in 2010. I got the close up of my daughter with the horse and then a pull back shot of the valley they were in surrounded by the mountains. You will see that I precropped the photo of my daughter. I didn't plan on using any of the surrounding area, so I just saved on the ink.


I used a mat that would cover the four square center section (4.375") and that would complement the colors in the photos. I have a 2" section of the photo that I had cut around in the hopes that I would be able to do another page...maybe between the next load...who knows? It is a very quick and easy method to scrap a favorite photo or event.


And there you have it. Suitable for framing, using in a larger layout, or in a collection of 8"x8" pages to be stored in a beautiful binder,  these We R Memory Keepers Linen albums that are now on sale and have a bonus set of 8"x8" Calendar pages FREE. Sale ends July 31st. 

Be sure to visit www.journella.com for more inspiring pages from everyone there and add yours to the storyboards too! Show us what you are creating!

thanks for stopping by....

andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edifying Words...