Friday, December 23, 2011

and then there were two...

Two days to Christmas...

I tried, but alas, the many last minute details of the holiday season just carried me off to do their bidding. So all the cards I have planned will not make the blog this year in a countdown but to be sure they will continue to be made and posted on the Flickr account, so be sure to occasionally click the link under Card Designs to the right that says Five Pines on Flickr to find the 2012 Christmas card designs throughout the year.

Today I will post my Christmas card for this season. I tried an easel card to display the painting, Folded so that it tucks behind the verse on the bottom of the inside. It is mounted with foam tape and gives just enough height to allow the face of the card with the 'painting' to rest behind it.





The watercolors are twinkling H2O's. I have loved trying these colors out on several projects, but felt this rubber stamp by Deb Strain really called for that extra sparkle of the H2O's. Yes, it was time consuming, even with a great deal of the work sone months ago, I left the painting to almost too late as the business of the season kept creeping in stealing time.

I hope you and your family have been able to focus on the real meaning of Christmas this year, and look forward to starting the New Year on the right foot.

Merry Christmas!
andrea

1 comment:

  1. We love this card!! It is just beautiful. Thank you! Merry Christmas friend.

    ReplyDelete

Edifying Words...