Thursday, December 1, 2011

Card Countdown to Christmas

Welcome to December!
24 days and counting


As we count down to Christmas I thought I'd attempt to post a new Christmas card each day until Christmas day. I also thought I'd try to showcase my new line up for 2012.

I'm beginning with a fairly simple design to get started. This card features some of the names we associate with Jesus, especially this time of year.



On green cardstock base
The Paper Company's Artic Snow Metallic cardstock
cut and embossed with Spellbinders Labels 18,
trimmed in metallic gold Prismacolor premier marker
Stamp from Unity Stamp Company
embossed in Pirate's Gold from Stampendous 
gold and green ribbon 'All the Trimmings' for JoAnn Stores
mounted on Elmer's Craft Bond Foam mounting tape

While we are talking about the names of Christ, I recently came across an idea for something new this year. A name search. We know the reference in Isaiah 9:6 that gives us the proclamation "...and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."  but did you know there are many more names that Jesus is known by?  I've copied a page from the small Advent booklet Messiah Come and Behold Him  (and it's very affordable $1.79 too) with many of the names...all you need to do is look up the references for reading during the coming days. One book suggested making a wreath of stars with a name on each star...so I'm going to see what I can come up with, so check back a little later in the month to see if anything interesting came of it, meanwhile, why not see if you can come up with an idea or two!

from Thomas Nelson Inc.: Messiah Come and Behold Him



The Christmas trees are up and trimmed, lights shining brightly and we even had a few snowflakes to wake up to this morning. It's time to get back to the cards I'm supposed to be sending out...painted, assembled, signed, sealed, and stamped. Oh yes, and the family photo!

Thanks for stopping by for a look,
andrea

1 comment:

  1. I love you Andrea. And I really enjoyed reading your blog today.....in fact your daughter is in my family room right now at the Bright Lights meeting. What a blessing this group is.....Hallelujah!! I loved your idea of making a wreath and adding the names of Jesus/God on it....I am going to try it. How fun to print them off in different fonts, layer them and then laminate them so they will last for years. I can see my girls adding the names on each day. Thanks for the great idea! Now, if I can find time to implement it. Hmm, maybe you could sell the names already made up in kits!! Aha, now THAT is a great idea! xoxo Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Edifying Words...